Level Design Contest
- How do I enter?
Create a level for SubTerra and send it to Crystal Shard.
Be sure to test your level first! If your level does not have a replay, we'll
assume that it is impossible and send it back to you. To check your replay,
press the 'R' key from within the editor.
- Who picks the Winner?
The levels will be graded by a jury of members of the Crystal Shard team.
Grading will be for originality, playability and fun factor.
Best level wins!
A good level does not have to be difficult; we like levels with new ideas.
Try not to just copy an existing level and change it a bit. For instance a
level that looks like a random collection of rocks and gems is not very
original. Levels like Atlantis, Raytracing and Split Personality are.
- What's the grand prize?
The prize for the Winner will be a Spiderweb Software game of their choice.
The Winner and runners-up will be included in the upcoming SubTerra expansion
- The Official Rules are:
- Levels must be fully tested. That is, if you press the replay button
from the editor, the level's solution should show.
- You may send in as many levels as you wish.
- Be sure to set the gem quota and time limit.
- Hint boxes must be in English and must not contain profanities. Note that
adding hint boxes to a level is generally a good idea.
- When sending a level, be sure to include your e-mail address.
- Levels must not rely on any behaviour not specified in the object list.
- We reserve the right to use any submitted levels in the upcoming SubTerra
expansion pack, in original or modified form. We will, of course, include
your name if we do so.
- Jury members are not eligible to enter the contest.
Click here to go back.